FANTASTIC PLUMBER (gas and water): (Editor’s Note) I recently had some plumbing and gas work done and was extremely impressed with the professionalism displayed. The plumber’s name is Delmiro. He came on time, was prompt, knowledgeable, did a good job, and cleaned up thoroughly afterwards – and he charged a fair price. Unfortunately, he doesn’t speak a lick of English, so if you aren’t fluent in Spanish, have a friend call him. Delmiro: 311 661-0149
DANZ Academia De BAILE
Classes for all ages in champeta, salsa, batchata, ballroom, and more!
Phone: +57 304 338-0784
Address: Cra 44 #82-172, 2nd floor
If you have an emergency, dial 123 now. (Note – the local emergency services are not dependable. In many cases, people opt for a taxi rather than awaiting an ambulance that may never arrive).
For non-urgent care, we have a fantastic, English-speaking connection at one of the top local hospitals, Clinica de La Costa. To see a specialist in any of the following specialties, simply send a whatsapp to 301 782-0761.
Include in the message the pertinent info relating to your need, plus your preferences in regard to day and time for an appointment. They are very quick to respond, but keep in mind it could take up to 24 hours.
|ANESTHESIOLOGY AND REANIMATION|
|CARDIOLOGY AND HEMODYNAMICS|
|GYNAECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS|
|HEAD AND NECK SURGERY|
|INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND EPIDEMIOLOGY|
|ORTHOPEDICS AND HAND SURGERY|
|SPECIALIST IN HEPATOLOGY ‘.|
Yaniris Vega – Spanish Classes for Ex-pats
Enjoyable, professional Spanish classes for all levels. Very reasonable prices.
Phone: +57 301 734-1073
Mike Chartrand – Executive English Coaching
Professional, certified Canadian teacher with 12 years of corporate management experience and 8 years of experience coaching executives across Latin America. Our clients are typically local executives who need support with interviews, presentations, and leadership calls. Sessions are one-on-one, highly personalized, and delivered where and when you need them. For a quote, give me a call: +57 316 801-3810
CaribbeanShipper is a freight forwarder/shipping company. We provide a U.S. mailbox for ex-pats to send their online orders and cargo from home for us to ship to ALL parts of Colombia
WhatsApp: +1 954-673-2147
Customized Software, Web Development & Staff Augmentation
Question: Can international bank cards withdraw cash from ATMs in Colombia?
Answer: Absolutely. Don’t forget to alert your bank beforehand that you’ll be travelling in Colombia so they don’t block your account. Also, be aware that any money you withdraw will automatically be converted to Colombian pesos (COP) at whichever rate the bank chooses, and you’ll also likely be charged a transaction fee which can be up to $5.00 USD. Also, most ATMs have a withdrawal limit of $400,000 COP (around $120 USD).
Banco Aviles also allows withdrawals of up to $780,000 pesos at a time for a fee of $14,000.
Bancolombia allows 3 withdrawals of $600,000 pesos per day up to a total of $1,800,000 pesos.
If you have to make a large transfer, you can do it via wire transfer, or if you’re a CIBC customer (Canada), you can use their Global Money Transfer service to send up to $30,000 CAD at a time, for free, to Bancolombia.
Question: Where can I find handmade goods?
- You can find handmade Colombian crafts and other goods under the Romelio Martinez Stadium located on Calle 72 and Carrera 46. It is open every day.
- There are also a few stores on Carrera 43 between Calle 78 and Calle 79.
- For lovely handcrafts with driftwood. This place (Santa Verónica beach) is close to Barranquilla https://www.facebook.com/Velas-del-Mar-Sailboats-100901521400332/
- Olivia Carmona is an artisan in San Jacinto! I worked with her and her students and highly recommend her and her work.
Question: What are the rules for tourist permits?
1) You are not allowed to be in Colombia on a tourist permit for more than 180 days in a calendar year.
2) On entry to Colombia a Tourist Permit can be issued for a maximum of 90 days (PIP-PT).
3) A Tourist Permit given on entry can be extended without leaving the country, for a maximum of 90 days (proof of onward travel is necessary) (PTP – PT).
4) At the end of the Tourist Permit extension, you must leave the country (or have obtained a valid visa).